Nothing close

I used to work with the utmost ongoing team. When our mornings didn't start right, we depend on each other to make the rest of the day better. When things needed to be done, we had teamwork, no miscommunications because we tell each other our honest opinions, and we were all open to it. We suggested ideas, and listened. We had a different kind of meetings, usually meant to be bored in the mornings before the store opens. Ours are nothing close to boring, meetings for the first time, ever, was fun. And I was looking forward to working with the team, over and over, although my body was totally drained from the long working hours.

Then i figured out that I loved what I did, I loved the job I used to have.

the more i think about this issue, the more I think it's unreasonable for me to feel this way. But then again, this is my first job I've ever really want to keep and loved, because it keeps me awake (not literally there are days when I couldn't get my eyes open in the morning, i didn't think my eyes could last me through the day) and inspired. It helps me get away from school sometimes, and this is where I turn to. 

It would be ridiculous to say that I do not accept change negatively. I think it's human nature. The next word that came to me was to adapt. I tried. And harder everyday the next day. But what happens if the new has a different mindset of doing things which the old does not have any authority to? 

and as the days go by I can hardly recognize the place I've been in for the longest time. Foreign, like it was the my first day, and the heart-sinking-gut-feeling of telling you that you will never like this place. Opinions didn't want to be heard, there was no bond, none. Meetings turned boring, sour. We only frustrate each other with the things we do because there simply was no communication. 

Though I don't hold a high post of authority in the place I am working at, I used to love this place a lot. My opinions and efforts were respected and acknowledged, not to mention appreciated. The old treated this place and made it comfortable, the atmosphere was almost welcome every time either of us stepped in. Truthfully to say, I am beginning to dread what I do. As much comfort as this place used to give me, the whole atmosphere just isn't the same. For my happy place, isn't anything like happy at all.


Monday, June 3, 2013 @ 5:07 AM / 0 daisies


« Older posts Newer posts»