slow down












I couldn't keep my eyes closed, my head felt uncomfortable the whole morning while I toss and turn trying my best to fall asleep. I stayed awake, I did my morning prayers and managed to fall asleep for 2 hours before my alarm starts going off to greet me with another really long day at work. I got a bath and rarely had any time for breakfast, I skipped my favorite meal of the day. I run so I won't be late, I've never liked chaotic mornings like these, I like slow morning walks. I've never liked rushing. 

It was a weekend, which means most of the people are out in the morning, roaming. I felt envious, just a little inside and then I let it go. I sighed at the thought of another long day as I enter the door. Things were hectic at work, and the customers that I came across were probably the most temperamental. I'm tired, I tell myself but I persevere. The store was in a mess too, renovation period - hooks, papers, plastic bags, paper bags, cartons placed all over, and the store still had to operate it's usual timing. 

I almost gave up, I almost wanted to give up. 

There were teenagers vandalising the wall, kids playing catching in the store, dramatic customers who demands things to be done fast, temperamental teenagers and couples - 

I continue persevering for the next 4 days.

My days felt terrible and tiring, and sometimes I question why I put myself through this. 

The days I spend lying down on my bed after waking up felt almost glorious, only because I was deprived of sleep and finally had time away from the chaos.

During my off days, I had baking sessions and proper breakfast, read in the morning, had red velvet cake in a jar, and crafted a few paper goods, spent a little time on the couch and with my pillows.

I am contented.
I've always had faith that bad days never last, and they don't.


Wednesday, May 22, 2013 @ 7:39 AM / 0 daisies


« Older posts Newer posts»